Pharmacy Manager-Atrium Health Pavilion Pharmacy-Concord
This job posting is no longer active.
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 27242
Job Family: Pharmacy Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 47511004839610-Pharmacy - Retail
Location: AH Cabarrus Main - 920 Church St N
Assists in the development and implementation of pharmacy departmental policies, procedures, goals and objectives. Assists in the development of professional guidelines to ensure quality pharmacy services. Works under the direct supervision of the Director Pharmacy Services.
- Makes decisions regarding employment, promotion, discipline, and terminating of pharmacy teammates in collaboration with Pharmacy Leadership.
- Evaluates pharmacy teammate job performances on an annual basis.. Ensures that the pharmacy department adheres to all regulatory bodies including, but not limited to the DEA, the FDA and North Carolina Board of Pharmacy.
- Oversees pharmacy staffing and scheduling to ensure safe patient care.
- Coordinates and integrates interdepartmental and intradepartmental services, and participates in various committees.
- Ensures that policies and procedures promoting safe and effective use of medications are followed.
- Assists in the planning of new and/or revised pharmacy services based on new innovations, technology and/or regulatory changes.
- Assesses and improves the performance of the pharmacy services provided. Provides an ongoing assessment of care and services provided through organizational processes.
- Coordinates the implementation plan and supports decisions made by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Initiates the proper training of pharmacy teammates in area of responsibilities
Requires considerable walking and standing, pushing medication cart of 50 pounds maximum and lifting materials of 20 pounds maximum. Utilizes appropriate personal protective equipment to minimize exposure to hazardous agents. Takes necessary precautions to avoid inadvertent needle stick, minor cuts or bruises. Must be able to perform manipulative skills such as writing, typing, and data entry into the computer. Needs good manual finger dexterity. Must be able to hear normal sounds with moderate background noise as in answering telephone. Must be able to read small type such as that on unit-dose medication packages. Must be able to speak and be understood by others to communicate effectively. Must speak good English and possess sense of sight, hearing, smell and touch.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or a PharmD from an accredited school of pharmacy required. Licensed in the state of North Carolina or eligible for reciprocity required. Two years of work related experience in pharmacy required.