Clinical Lab Assistant I - Cleveland - FT Evening
This job posting is no longer active.
Shelby, NC, United States
Job ID: 27057
Job Family: Laboratory Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11111004939003-Laboratory
Location: AH Cleveland Main - 201 E Grover St
Obtains and processes laboratory specimens, serves as a laboratory office clerk and performs minor laboratory testing. Assists with registration, and order entry.
- Perform phlebotomy through venous and capillary puncture following established procedures in accordance with age specific considerations of patients.
- Complete required daily procedures and checks. Maintains knowledge of specimen collection devices and tubes.
- Explains procedure to patient and documents patient education as appropriate for testing.
- Maintains equipment, keeps area clean, stocks supplies and keeps work space organized.
- Completes required daily procedures and performs checks including pending logs, maintenance, inventory management and temperature checks are performed as scheduled. Ensures documentation is concise and complete. Notices discrepancies and follows through appropriately by reporting to immediate supervisor.
- Follows general safety procedures and utilizes PPE appropriately.
Works in busy environment with moderate lifting, pulling, pushing and frequently carrying up to 25 pounds, and infrequently in excess of 25 pounds with assistance. Frequent walking, standing, stooping, and reaching. Use of computer for long periods of time. Exposure to chemicals, pathogens, and patient blood and body fluids. Some latex exposure may be expected. Low doses of constantly monitored radioactivity may occur.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school Diploma or GED required. Certification as laboratory assistant, phlebotomist, or medical assistant preferred. Must demonstrate knowledge of infectious disease protocols, practices, and prevention. Moderate knowledge of medical terminology and computer applications required. Ability to understand instructions, read, and make judgments.