OB High Risk Ultrasound Technologist II Atrium Health's Women's Institute PT
This job posting is no longer active.
$ Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 27139
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Part Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 29681025333516-Obstetrics/Gynecology
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. Experienced candidates are eligible up to $5,000 for Part Time positions, and up to $10,000 for Full Time positions. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and opportunities for career advancement.
Performs required Diagnostic Ultrasound procedures. Assists leadership with clinical and administrative duties.
- Performs all Obstetrical and Gynecological Ultrasounds according to ACOG guidelines.
- Performs Ultrasound studies for diagnosis including assessment of fetal growth, development and age and evaluation for fetal anomalies.
- Performs Ultrasound imaging for fetal diagnosis and anomaly detection for patients with high risk indications.
- Performs Ultrasound evaluation for fetal and umbilical doppler studies. Performs ultrasound guidance for amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling, percutaneous umbilical cord sampling, special invasive procedures and gynecological sonography including gynecological doppler.
- Participates in Procedure Verification/Universal Protocol in the absence of a RN.
- Reviews chart for orders prior to clinic visit and follows physician's orders.
- Assists the physician with procedures as directed.
- Collects necessary vital signs and records on patient's medical record.
- Assists with inventory, ordering and distribution of supplies and pharmaceuticals excluding controlled substances.
Ability to push a 400+ pound Ultrasound machine to the LDR Suites or Obstetrical High Risk Unit for an emergency scan. Requires frequent standing, stretching and bending to reach necessary supplies. Pulling and pushing required for wheel chair and stretcher patients and to move the Ultrasound machine within the exam room. Ability to grasp necessary transducers to use for sonography. Digital dexterity to enter data on Ultrasound keyboard is necessary. Carrying and lifting supplies to restock exam rooms and storing transducers at the end of shift is necessary. Ability to work in a fast paced setting and ability to handle stressful situations with empathy and professionalism a must. Must speak English fluently. Exposure to communicable diseases.
Current license Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer in the specialty of OB/Gyn. Minimum 2 years High-Risk OB ultrasound experience required. Fetal Echo Registry or Registry eligible. Experience with routine obstetrical ultrasound imaging and machinery, and gynecological ultrasound imaging and pathology required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
Education, Experience and Certifications