Dietetic Technician - Atrium Health Cleveland Pines Nursing Center– FT
Lincolnton, NC, United States
Job ID: 27516
Job Family: Nutrition Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11091005331709-Clinical Nutrition
Location: AH Lincoln Main - 433 McAlister Rd
Provides clinical nutrition services including medical nutrition therapy (MNT) with screening, evaluation and education of patients and monitoring and implementation of MNT for patients assigned.
- Screens and evaluates nutritional status of patients utilizing current scientific literature and methodology.
- Monitors patient's progress in achieving nutrition goals through evaluation of dietary intake, evaluation of laboratory reports, and review of documentation.
- Completes all required documentation including nutritional care plan, assessments, nutrient intake analyses and patient education in the patient's medical record and on all required documentation tools.
- Utilizes appropriate education materials for specific patient populations within area of documented competency.
- Assists in monitoring Food and Nutrition Services associate's activities on units to ensure standards of excellence are met for customer satisfaction. Ensures accuracy of patient trays tickets and trays through routine monitors.
- Provides/develops periodic in-services on selected topics to nutrition services staff and other disciplines as requested.
- Orients, mentors, and trains team members as applicable.
Must be able to see objects closely, as in reading, on a continuous basis. Must be able to see objects far away occasionally. Must be able to discriminate color occasionally and perceive depth rarely. Must be able to hear normal sounds with some background noise, as in answering a phone on a continuous basis. Able to lift and carry objects weighing 25 pounds or less occasionally. Able to push/pull objects using moderate effort occasionally. Able to perform motor skills as reaching out/up. Frequently turning, climbing stairs, grasping and finger manipulation. Infrequently squatting, twisting, and bending.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required.
Acute Care Setting:
Registered Dietetic Technician (commission on Dietetic Registration) required. DTR eligible status accepted but must obtain DTR status within 6 months of hire and be closely supervised by registered dietitians until DTR status obtained. Degree in Nutrition or a related field preferred. 1 year experience in acute care setting preferred.
Long-Term Care Setting:
Certified Dietary Manager or Dietetic Technician, registered required. May be hired prior to certification/registration as CDM or DTR but must obtained within 6 months of hire and be closely supervised by registered dietitians until obtained. 1 year experience in a long-term care setting preferred.