This job posting is no longer active.
Shelby, NC, United States
Job ID: 26535
Job Family: Materials Management Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11111004943003-Materials Management
Location: AH Cleveland Main - 201 E Grover St
Procures supplies and services for the System. Sources requested products from contracted sources and insures the ordering information is accurate maintaining departmental catalogs. Ensures efficient processes are used for the requisition and procurement of products.
- Ensures that orders placed are done in an efficient manner including maximizing the number of lines per PO, ordering in case quantities at the correct price and utilizing EDI order placement whenever possible.
- Reviews all non-cataloged, non-routine requisitions for completeness and required information including approval signatures.
- Orders all non-cataloged materials utilizing the most efficient means of purchase order transmission and ensures turnaround occurs within department's published timelines.
- Effectively catalogs repetitively ordered items to the Materials Management Information System (MMIS) item master ensuring that items are ordered from the correct source and are added with all correct order information.
- Maintains a high degree of contract compliance by ordering requested products through contracted sources.
- Reviews PO confirmations daily to insure pricing, units of measure, and delivery dates match the purchase order and the department's requirements.
- Facilitates all blanket purchase orders and standing purchase orders with assigned departments.
- Apprises leadership or requesting department in situations where deliveries will not be timely or a manufacturer shortage exists that may impact facility operations policy and procedure.
Works in an office environment. Must have sight, hearing, and speech capabilities sufficient to communicate well with individuals and groups. Includes travel to System facilities and affiliate sites. Responsible for working in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED and 5 years of associated healthcare resource and materials management experience or Associates Degree with 3 years of associated healthcare resource and materials management experience or Bachelor's Degree required. Must communicate effectively at all levels within the organization and with the public. Excellent planning, prioritizing, oral and written communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and team skills required. Communication, negotiation, listening and feedback skills preferred. Knowledge of materials management systems preferred.