AVP Patient Care Services ED
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 27082
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11071005430001-Emergency Department
Location: AH Pineville Main - 10628 Park Rd
Manages strategic oversight and operational performance within the division. Provides leadership, guidance, and direction in achieving outcomes consistent with organizational mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives. Assumes leadership responsibility for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of clinically effective and efficient systems of care and service within the continuum of care.
- Leads the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of care delivery models and services that meet or exceed customer expectations. Leads the fiscal oversight of allocated resources in order to optimize efficient and effective utilization.
- Provides effective and coordinated leadership of patient care within specified clinical patient service areas.
- Directs oversight functions responsible for compliance with regulatory, accrediting, and 3rd party payer regulations and standards.
- Develops an annual operating budget for assigned areas that encompasses both current and future operational demands.
- Participates in the strategic planning structures and processes with administration, medical team members, and clinical leadership. Assures that appropriate communication occurs with leadership and clinical team members related to hospital operations.
- Promotes the development and use of evidence-based, outcome-driven treatment methods, which are deemed 'best-practice' through comprehensive benchmarking of care provided to patient populations of comparable severity and clinical risk.
- Assures that an effective program is in place to measure, assess and improve the quality of nursing care delivered to patients.
- Maintains flexibility in the business unit which allows for easy transition of resources to respond to changes in practice or demand in the health care market.
Work requires walking, standing, and sitting. Works in an office environment. Intact sense of sight and hearing. Must be able to lift 10 pounds of weight. Must be able to respond quickly in stressful situations. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Requires critical thinking and ability to concentrate.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Current RN licensure in appropriate state. MSN required. If undergraduate degree is BSN a master’s degree from a health-related program or MBA is acceptable. Must have MSN if undergraduate degree is not BSN. Appropriate professional leadership certification required within 1 year of eligibility for professional certification exam. Previous leadership experience preferred. Additional education, training, certifications, or experience may be required within the department by the nursing leader.