CARDIOVASCULAR LAB SPECIALIST II--EP LAB
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 26204
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 12011053132066-ARRHYTHMIA CENTER
Serve as expert resource for performing and teaching in CV/Cath/EP labs. Utilizes professional cardiovascular theory, technology and processes to implement direct patient care on adult patients that require diagnostic or therapeutic procedures within the cardiovascular service. Demonstrates competence in administering these procedures including, but not limited to PTCA, stent placement, IABP placement and EP procedures.
- Performs care for the comfort and well being of the patient.
- Performs and/or assists with treatments, therapies, and procedures (including scrub assistant, monitoring and circulating) under the direction of the physician.
- Operates, inspects, troubleshoots and performs routine maintenance for variety of invasive lab equipment; effectively operates all devices utilized in procedures; initiates maintenance or service request for equipment that is damaged or malfunctioning.
- Documents a current clinical picture and records designated information in the patient record.
- Utilizes verbal and non-verbal communication in interactions with patients, families, visitors, physicians, nursing and hospital personnel.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Calculates, interprets and analyzes data.
- Assists in development of policies, procedures and standards of care reflective of current practice/literature.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Satisfactory completion of an accredited program of Cardiovascular/Cardiopulmonary technology (including, but not limited to, cardiovascular technology, nursing, or radiologic technology).
- Two years or more experience as a Cardiovascular Specialist.
- ARRT, RCIS, RCES, or IBHRE certification in active status.
- Basic Life Support Certification.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification required within 6 months of employment.