Senior Application Specialist - Information Services Training Center
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 16480
Job Family: Information Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342584-Information Services Training Center
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Principal Trainer responsible for training and curriculum development for Epic clinical applications.
- Masters the Inpatient ClinDoc application and the relevant operational workflows.
- Develops and maintains Epic course curriculum and all training materials for the
- respective Epic application.
- Builds, tests, and maintains the training environment.
- Ensure all classroom training and related training materials adhere to current applicable
- policies and procedures.
- Conducts training for all new and existing team members utilizing Epic in preparation for
- system activation.
- Teaches additional credentialed trainers/analysts to assist with classroom training for
- end users. Monitors trainer's adherence to course curriculum, knowledge of applicable
- workflow, and overall Epic system knowledge.
- Leads training efforts from software upgrades and updates. Coordinate closely with
- system analysts in order to develop proper training in consideration of all end user roles
- to ensure effective training in advance of software updates and new version releases.
- Coordinates with clients and peers to enhance system functionality while understanding the possible ramifications to the client's business processes and Information Services. Ensures client requests are properly evaluated and responded to in a timely manner.
- Leads teams of one or more members in accordance with project demands. Ability to recognize individual team member competencies and assign tasks accordingly. Plans work effort of one's self and possibly other project team members.
- Manages training when necessary, inclusive of course development and delivery. Ability to break down complex problems into manageable tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of applications and their integration (interface) with and effect on other systems.
- Provides feedback to management to be used during the evaluation and counseling of team members.
- Leads projects in one or more aspects of the information systems lifecycle (product selection, business requirement definition, communication, implementation, issue resolution, production support). Develops workplans, estimates tasks, and properly records time tracking for one's self and possibly other team members.
- Ensures successful completion of assigned projects on schedule, within budget, and in accordance within System standards.
Must be able to lift objects that weigh up to 35 lbs. This position is subject to high-level visibility through verbal and written communications with senior hospital management, associated project deadlines, personnel evaluation, and counseling. Must be available for on-call support on a regular basis. Due to project requirements, overtime will be required, as needed.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field preferred. Formal training in Information systems, desktop applications, databases, software development packages and programming languages preferred.
- EpicCare ClinDoc/Stork Curriculum Build Certification Preferred