CT Radiology Technologist PRN
Milledgeville, GA, United States
Job ID: 24408
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Part Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12031053339321-CT Scan
Under indirect supervision performs all duties associated with acquisition, processing, submission for interpretation, and archiving of CT images. Responsible for the care of the patient while in the Cat Scan Department.
Essential Job Duties:
- Positions patient and formulates appropriate techniques to demonstrate cross-sectional anatomy of interest based on accepted radiographic principles. Judges diagnostic quality of finished medical images prior to submission to radiologist for interpretation.
- Performs venipuncture for administration of radiopaque media and assists in obtaining informed consent as appropriate
- Reviews all diagnostic imaging requests for appropriateness based on clinical information provided. All questionable orders are communicated to the radiologists for final approval.
- Performs clerical responsibilities associated with acquisition, processing, and archiving of patient records. Completes exams to capture charges for procedures performed
- Observes patient while in the cat scan department for change in status and makes appropriate intervention or contacts primary care givers for instruction.
- Must be a High School or GED Diploma Graduate.
- Graduate of AMA, JRC or Regionally Accredited approved school of Radiologic Technology
- Registered or registry eligible through ARRT.