This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 26521
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Part Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 21051017239025-Flex Staff
Advanced Practice Provider: SHVI Cardiology
Job Summary: Inpatient Day/Mid/Night position
SHVI is looking for a prn Cardiology ACNP or PA to provide quality care to the patients we serve in the Charlotte community. The APP will be part of a team of specialized cardiology MDs and APPs. The APP will direct in hospital care services and perform medical acts under the supervision of the Service line physician to all patients on the cardiology service including general cardiology, Electrophysiology (EP), Vascular, and Heart Failure (HF) patients. Areas of clinical work include but not limited to medicine/surgical floors, cardiovascular telemetry unit, CVICU, MICU, PCU, Emergency Department, and the cardiovascular OBS unit. The APP will perform admissions, physical exams, collect and document data, conduct diagnostic and therapeutic procedures within scope, order and schedule laboratory studies, and consult other Specialties when appropriate. The APP should be competent in taking medical history, assessing medical condition(s) of patients, and interpreting medical findings. The APP will order appropriate interventions, diagnostic tests and medications. The APP should possess the ability to maintain quality assurance and quality control standards. The APP should be able to implement effective communication skills with both patients and colleagues that demonstrate a commitment to consistently providing an excellent patient experience for every patient. The APP is expected to have capability of reacting calmly and effectively in emergency situations and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
CARDIOLOGY AGACNP or PA:
• Evaluate new patients, consults and established patients from the ER and on the cardiovascular service as well as diagnose, treat and manage common conditions in the cardiovascular population.
• Perform an appropriate history and physical exam, write emergent progress notes, assess and prepare patient workups and follows core measures for documentation including hospital and 3rd party payer requirements and appropriate patient care.
• Facilitate and order diagnostic studies including echocardiograms, stress tests, MRIs, CTs, and cardiac catheterization if indicated.
• Order appropriate laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures. Explained necessity, preparation, and risks and benefits of scheduled diagnostics and therapeutic procedures to the patient and family.
• Has the ability to recognize emergency situations and respond appropriately.
• Work closely with inpatient rounding teams and signoff patients to appropriate services at the end of each shift
• Participate in evaluations with the primary supervising physician as directed by State laws.
• Maintain ACLS and BLS certification as well as all licenses and certifications as mandated by the Hospital Credentialing Committee.
• Exhibits respect for others by displaying a positive, courteous attitude at all times.
• Participates in staff meetings, in-servicers, and continuing education for job related growth.
• Shifts: Variable Days, Nights, Weekends depending on need
• Teaching opportunities with students and/or APP Fellows
• Graduation from an accredited NP or PA program. Current license to practice as a NP or PA in North Carolina. Current prescriptive privileges and DEA license required. BLS/ACLS Certified.
• Nurse practitioners are required to have Acute Care Certification
• Physician Assistants with certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants required.
• +1 years of experience, Cardiology preferred