Intermediate Application Specialist - Information Services Training Center
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 24544
Job Family: Information Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342584-Information Services Training Center
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs.
- Communicate clear objectives to the participants.
- Enforce a classroom code of conduct (Ground Rules) to maintain a positive learning environment.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for course activities.
- Identify the needs and level of experience of the participants for each course.
- Adapt training methods and materials to meet the needs of the participants.
- Deliver curriculum according to content and standards of the course.
- Plan, provide, and facilitate instruction individually or in groups using various adult learning methods including lecture, discussion, and group activities in a classroom setting.
- Plan, provide, and facilitate instruction individually or in groups using video conference, web conference, or other distance learning modalities.
- Observe and evaluate participant’s performance.
- Provide a positive environment for participants to actively engage in the learning process.
- Modify existing materials to maintain up to date information and to meet the needs of the participant.
- Communicate effectively with participants, teammates, and leadership orally and in writing.
- Participate in scoring end of course assessment (level 2 evaluation), if necessary.
- Assess skills and coach participants to improve productivity in the classroom.
- Maintain effective and efficient record keeping for course attendance and completion.
- Provide effective Operational Excellence reporting to leadership.
- Collaborate with teammates to enhance the instructional environment.
- Meet course and team performance goals.
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits including meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, and coordinating with IAS Education team members to meet all obligations of the educator.
- Maintain up to date status meetings for reporting to leadership.
- Assist with orientation for new teammates at the associate and intermediate level.
- Manages projects in all aspects of information systems lifecycle (info planning, business requirements definition, implementation, productions support). Communicates and manages project scope.
- Coordinates with multiple vendors. Competent to work on most phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities, but requires instruction and guidance in other phases.
- Creates business process for chosen packaged systems. Configures packaged systems.
- Ensures all user requests are received in writing and properly evaluated. Responds to request in a timely manner.
- Guarantees efficient and effective completion of project assignments in accordance with standard procedures.
- Assists in the resolution of issues regarding projects being worked on and develops recommendations for those issues.
- Assists in work plan development and management.
Work is subject to high-level visibility through verbal and written communications with senior hospital management, associated project deadlines, personnel evaluation, and counseling. Must be available for on-call support on a regular basis. Must be able to lift objects that weigh up to 35 lbs. Due to project requirements, overtime will be required, as needed.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree in education preferred or Associate’s degree with commensurate clinical or education experience preferred. Three years in adult learning preferred. Experience in healthcare preferred. Experience in Information Services preferred. Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and SharePoint. Facilitation using Adobe Connect experience a plus.