Medical Staff Specialist - Credentialing Enrollment
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 25457
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028343516-Medical Staff Credentialing
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Coordinates the daily activities of the medical staff office which involves planning, developing and organizing the corporate operations of the office and its contributions to meeting the mission and goals of the System. Demonstrates compliance with the medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, joint commission standards, and other applicable federal, state and local regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Develops, manages and monitors processes and procedures that supports the centralized credentialing and reappointment of all providers.
- Serves as a resource for facilities medical staff committees.
- Ensures compliance with the accrediting and regulatory agencies in regards to credentialing while developing and maintaining a working knowledge of the statues and laws.
- Interfaces with leadership to guide and instruct them through the medical staff policies and procedures and regulatory requirements to ensure compliance.
- Collaborates with the credentialing coordinators in ensuring that all information presented to the medical staff and leadership is presented in an accurate and timely manner.
- Directs inquiries and coordinates functions in the leadership's absence for the corporate medical staff office.
- Coordinates and prepares all end-of-year medical staff work.
- Researches, analyzes and makes the determination regarding medical staff appointees' ability to perform various acts in the hospital setting.
Performs most work under normal office conditions. Includes sitting for long periods of time, standing, walking, using repetitive wrist and arm motion frequently and lifting boxes of files being transported between facilities. Must use frequent and variable body movements during filing and maintaining records.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's Degree preferred. Certified by National Association medical Staff Services or Certified Provider Credentialing Specialists preferred. 3 to 5 years experience preferred.