Coordinator - Hospital Development
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 24416
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011019631252-Lifeshare - Organ
Location: Charlotte - 5000 Airport Center Pkwy
The LifeShare Carolinas Hospital Development Coordinator (HDC) functions as the liaison between LifeShare and regional partners including, but not limited to, hospitals, long-term care, and rehabilitation facilities. The HDC I serves partner facilities, providing education and resources for organ, eye and tissue donation. The HDC assists with creating and developing partner’s policies and procedures, implementing annual strategic plans, providing feedback on performance and real-time assistance during donor cases. HDC assists partners with planning and executing special events promoting donation.
- Develops and cultivates relationships with key partners to promote donation and enhance the image of LifeShare.
- Coordinates all donation education; including but not limited to, hospital in-services, staff orientations, skills fairs, donor recognition events and community outreach activities.
- Develops and implements customized strategic plans in partnership with each partner based on performance, identified areas of improvement, and collaboration with LifeShare.
- Supports partner and LifeShare staff through donation process. Provides real-time assistance in facility and post-case follow up.
- Provides regular feedback to partners including, but not limited to, death record review results, aftercare conferences, and participation in donor council meetings
- Assists in reviewing partner’s donation policies.
- Ensures LifeShare and partner compliance with regulatory requirements and assists with preparation for regulatory accreditations or surveys.
- Primary point of contact for all LifeShare staff needs at all assigned facilities.
Ability to sit, stand, bend and walk. Lift and pull at least 30 pounds. Ability to be contacted by phone or pager. Ability to work outside of normal business hours. Ability to use personal vehicle for business.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s degree required, focus in marketing, nursing or similar field healthcare experience preferred. Valid driver’s license required.