This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 22390
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Specialty: Pediatric Gastroenterology
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 27241039132414-Gastroenterology - Pediatric
Location: MCP - 1001 Blythe Blvd
Atrium Health Levine Children’s is seeking an Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join their Pediatric Gastroenterology team in Charlotte, NC. This role functions independently in the inpatient setting in collaboration with a supervising physician. The division is presently 12 physicians and 5 APPs between the two primary locations.
• Performs initial and periodic medical history, physical examinations, and daily assessments.
• Records findings of examinations, assessments and plan of care.
• Hands on education of patients, families and nursing staff regarding GI related care, particularly feeding tube care and maintenance.
• Writes appropriate prescriptions.
• Orders and interprets daily laboratory and radiology examinations.
• Determines treatment plan for patients.
• Documents all patient encounters, records observations, interventions, and actions in a medically appropriate manner on the patient's medical record.
• Acts as a patient advocate for the population served.
• Attends, participates and contributes to group/practice meetings and development of policies and procedures when requested.
Education, Experience and Certifications
• Previous experience as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant preferred.
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
• Master’s Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required.
• License to practice as a Registered Nurse required.
• Certification in the area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required.
• PNP-AC board certification required.
• Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master’s Degree preferred.
• Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.