Patient Advocate-Atrium Health SouthPark-Executive Health Services-FT
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 23526
Job Family: Clerical Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 33041035133183-Executive Health Services
Location: SouthPark - 4525 Cameron Valley Pkwy
Greets all arriving patients and families and performs administrative duties. Schedules appointments, performs patient registration tasks, cashier-related functions and various data entry and clerical and office work.
- Answers multi-line telephone, provides routine information to callers and patients, takes messages and places pages.
- Contacts patients by telephone to confirm scheduling information and communicates patient schedules and changes to the appropriate staff.
- Performs patient check-in and initial patient registration tasks and ensures accurate completion of forms.
- Collects patients' post charges and payments. Completes patient receipts in a timely fashion.
- Orders, monitors and stocks all paper supplies including retail items.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail and supply deliveries.
- Files and maintains an orderly medical records system.
Work requires reaching in front of body to operate telephone, typewriter, computer, copier, and fax machine. Work requires long periods of sitting, frequent bending and pivoting to perform filing and office activities and reaching overhead occasionally. Must be able to lift documents or supplies weighing 1-10 pounds frequently, 11-20 pounds occasionally, and 21-50 pounds rarely. Work requires frequent use of fingers and both hands, speaking with clear diction, hearing and vision at close-up ranges (24 inches). Works in a fast paced office environment. Employee is responsible for working in a safe manner. Hours are occasionally long or irregular.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED preferred. 1 year medical receptionist experience preferred. Experience with medical terminology, data entry, computer skills required. Proficient typing and accurate spelling required. Experience or familiarity with other CAM therapies preferred. Requires excellent oral and written communication, organizational, time management, professionalism, group facilitation and customer relation skills.