This job posting is no longer active.
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 24336
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 47311050731753-Ambulance Services
Location: Union EMS Main - 1403 Dove St
Performs skilled driving and first responder driving services under occasional supervision, operating an approved ambulance, responds to the scene of emergency and non-emergency calls, delivering certified Emergency Medical Technicians to provide emergency, rescue, and patient care services.
• Responds to requests for emergency service by driving an ambulance.
• Operates departmental communication equipment to communicate with dispatchers, physicians, nurses, and other emergency service personnel.
• Prepares detailed operational, and incident reports.
• Maintains vehicles, equipment, and supplies in a state of readiness in accordance with established guidelines.
• Participates in required employee meetings for educational and operational purposes.
• Performs other related duties or tasks as assigned by leadership staff to maintain the department in a continual state of readiness and present a professional appearance
• Attends Union EMS sponsored Class(s) to obtain North Carolina Emergency Medical Technician Certification.
• Participates in EMS community education and community relations activities to promote a positive image of EMS and the profession.
Must be physically able to operate a variety of vehicles, machinery and equipment as required to meet the essential job functions of an Emergency Medical Technician-Basic. Must be able to exert up to 200 pounds of force occasionally, and or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and or up to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects and or people. Physical requirements are for Heavy Work.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Possession of an active driver's license.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Ambulance communication equipment.