Corporate Health Nurse
This job posting is no longer active.
Fayetteville, NC, United States
Job ID: 21956
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 21081018632911-Occupational Health
Location: Mann+Hummell Fayetteville - 3200 Natal St
Provides clinical, educational and retail based health and wellness program solutions and support for community employers and employees within the HEALTHWORKS division. Acts as a subject matter expert on chronic disease prevention and uses motivational strategies and evidence based action plans and programs to encourage healthy physical and behavioral lifestyle client self -management.
- Serves as clinical resource in collaboration with HEALTHWORKS team members to provide knowledge and to implement evidence based programs; functions with expert knowledge of major risk factors, including but not limited to: CV disease, diabetes, obesity, depression, stress management, sleep deficiencies, cancer prevention, physical inactivity, tobacco/ substance misuse and musculoskeletal injuries and disease.
- Promotes awareness and prevention by conducting biometric screenings to include, but not limited to: Blood Pressure, Waist Circumference, Glucose, A1C, Height, Weight, BMI and review of basic laboratory parameters within the established guidelines of the HEALTHWORKS division medical director.
- Performs clinical functions to include, but not limited to: Routine personal health survey's, vaccinations, immunizations, blood pressure measurement under the guidelines/protocols of the HEALTHWORKS division medical director and applicable state and federal regulations/agency's to include, but not limited to: ADA, EEOC, GINA, HIPAA.
- Proficient in capillary finger stick and venipuncture blood sampling standards and practices and all relevant Point of Care testing procedures and machines meeting Clinical Reference Lab standards.
- Responsible for assisting with statistical data entry/gathering and quality assessments to support employer designed wellness incentive platforms including: participatory and health outcomes based programs.
- Deploys HEALTHWORKS program/product solutions to include, but not limited to: Weight Forward, Quit Smart, CPR, Flu Clinics to employer community clients.
- Participates in quality assurance, maintaining nursing standards, develops educational material designed to promote health and wellness self- management.
- Engages a diverse population of clients at all stages of health risks including: low risk, rising risk and high risk clients assisting them to actively work towards a better state of health. Provides education and resources; connects individuals to community resources.
Work requires frequent walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support weight of 35 lbs in handling medical equipment and supplies. Must speak fluent English and in understandable terms. Must possess an intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touching and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to concentrate and have strong critical thinking skills. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in conditions and circumstances. Possible exposure to communicable disease. Must have a valid driver's license. Occasional travel outside the 60-mile footprint be required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required. BSN Required. Licensed RN by the state of North Carolina. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare status according to American Heart Association. Minimum of 5 years of health care experience with recent experience in community health and wellness, urgent care, occupational health or home care. Motivational interviewing and/or Health Coaching certification preferred. Additional education and certifications may be required within the department by the department manager.