Maintenance - Shift Operator
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 24110
Job Family: Maintenance Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005041901-Maintenance
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Performs in a lead role assisting the Senior Mechanic and Supervisor in carrying out the daily requirements of the department. Responds to all duties of the Mechanic I and above and serves in a supervisory role in the absence of the Senior Mechanic. Ensures that Policies and Procedures are followed. Responsible for keeping the Supervisor, Manager and Administrative person on call informed regarding equipment failures and power outages that affect the safety and operation of the hospital, its patients, visitors and staff. Directs and conducts routine inspections of all building equipment. During off hours, assumes additional responsibilities for first response for all maintenance and plant operations trouble calls for multiple locations. Takes necessary steps to curtail damage and initiates repairs as issues arise. Responsible for ensuring all necessary paperwork is issued for additional work to be initiated by a major system crew (i.e. Plumbing/Mechanical, Electrical HVAC).
- Maintains daily log of all noteworthy issues. Ensure daily/nightly rounds are completed.
- Maintains a shift journal to record issues that need to be discussed with leadership and the Operations’ staff.
- Ensures performance by team members meets department standards. Ensures team members have and use proper PPE and performs work in a safe manner.
- Prioritizes and delegates work as necessary. Reports any performance issues or team needs to senior mechanic or supervisor. Tracks, records and reports attendance issues of team members to senior mechanic.
- Ensures team members complete all required annual training.
- Checks Operations Notification Board for afterhours fire restrictions and hot work permits. Ensures any issues/work orders for outlying facilities are communicated and turned over to the appropriate personnel.
- Coordinates/communicates any unit issues with Nursing Administration and POM leadership.
- During night and weekend shifts, represents POM for all hospital emergencies, takes lead responsibility in communication of all adverse events to hospital, nursing, and POM leadership, participates as required in hospital Incident Command Center.
- Performs documentation of timesheets and work orders using computer systems. Fully utilizes the computerized maintenance management work order system.
- Observes and follows all safety and security regulations, department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Self-assesses tasks and priorities.
Must be mobile within the entire facility(ies) including the ability to access rooftops and crawl spaces. When performing diagnosis, maintenance and repair of assigned equipment, will frequently be required to climb, lift, crawl, bend, squat and kneel to obtain access. Must be able to transport up to 75 pounds while taking materials and/or tools to and from worksite. As a member of the Emergency Response Team, must be able to hastily access emergency response sites and assist others in evacuation, including transporting others who are unable to transport themselves.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Vocational or technical school preferred. Building Maintenance experience with a working knowledge of major physical plant systems required. Three years applicable experience required. Healthcare experience preferred. Valid driver’s license.