Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 23988
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 7p-7a clinical lead labor and delivery
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12011053130907-Nursing - Labor and Delivery
Provides direct supervision, coaching, mentoring and leadership and overall responsibility for the functioning of an assigned shift on a clinical unit according to the State Board of "Nursing guidelines and established AM A Code of Ethics. Serves as the Charge Nurse and provides professional nursing care (direct and indirect) on assigned unit. Collaborates with other health care disciplines and departments in providing a continuum of care to the patient; participates in the Integrated model of care, rounds daily with interdisciplinary team to assist with planning for the next level of care. Provides guidance and direction to subordinate staff for organizing, directing, coordinating, and controlling activities for the care of patients. Accountable for assisting in financial planning and control, nursing standards, nursing plan for provision of care, nursing performance review, and quality assurance for assigned areas. Responsible for human resource management on assigned shift, assists with development of unit goals and assures that these are operational. Assists with training activities to meet identified educational needs within the designated department.
1. Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred
2. Experience: None required
3. Certification/License/Registration: Current RN license with the Georgia State Board of Nursing
4. Position Titles and Number Supervised: RNs, LPNs, Clinical Technicians and Unit Secretaries.
5. Special Training/Skills: Must have excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to think analytically and work independently and as part of a team.