This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 21190
Job Family: Physicians
Specialty: Palliative Care & Hospice
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 27451017235079-Palliative Care Services
Location: Charlotte - 2709 Water Ridge Pkwy
The Pediatric Advanced Care Team at Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital is seeking a second, full time physician to join our group. Board certification in Hospice and Palliative Medicine is required.
• The team includes a physician, pediatric nurse practitioner, nurse coordinator, and social worker.
• Primarily inpatient work with some ambulatory visits for pre-transplant evaluations, prenatal consults, and occasional pain management consults for pediatric oncology.
• Well integrated throughout Levine Children’s, including strong relationships with PICU, CVICU, NICU, BMT, and heart transplant teams.
• Interdisciplinary collaboration with pastoral care, clinical child life services, and music therapy.
• Excellent working relationship with three hospice organizations, two of which also provide home palliative care.
• Participation in resident education.
• Additional opportunities exist for, community engagement, and philanthropy.
Opportunities for program growth include developing a more structured outpatient presence, assisting in the formalization of a pediatric pain team, enhancing bereavement support, and promoting quality improvement endeavors.
Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital (LCH) is the most comprehensive children’s hospital between Atlanta and Washington, DC, helping families stay close to home. Serving high patient acuity as the flagship children’s hospital within the innovative Atrium Health (formerly Carolinas HealthCare System), LCH has 236 beds and offers more than 150 specialists across more than 30 pediatric specialties. The hospital has 4 pediatric hospitalist teams, a 20-bed PICU (including cardiac ICU), an 85-bed NICU, and an inpatient pediatric rehabilitation facility. LCH hosts a premier Pediatrics Residency Program, serves as a teaching hospital for students of the UNC Chapel Hill School of Medicine, and offers excellent support for clinical research and quality improvement.
LCH has repeatedly been ranked among the Best Children’s Hospitals in the nation by U. S. News & World Report, most recently in eight pediatric specialties for 2020-2021 including Neonatology, Pulmonology, Cancer, Gastroenterology and GI Surgery, Cardiology and Heart Surgery, Nephrology, Neurology and Neurosurgery and Orthopedics. Carolinas Medical Center along with LCH has earned Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Magnet program recognizes health-care organizations for their focus on improving patient care, safety, and satisfaction. It also helps foster a collaborative culture for nurses, while working to advance standards and practices of care.