Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 18937
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 27281039132957-Oncology - Pediatric
Location: MCP - 1001 Blythe Blvd
The Pediatric Cancer and Blood Disorders Program at Levine Children's Hospital in Charlotte, NC is looking for an experienced Pediatric Advanced Care Practitioner to join their inpatient APP team. The inpatient APP will function within a multidisciplinary team that provides comprehensive care for children and young adults with various oncologic and hematologic diagnoses.
About the Opportunity:
• Collaboratively manage patients under the general supervision of the attending physician on service, in a fast-paced inpatient pediatric hematology/oncology unit
• Lead family centered multidisciplinary rounds, provides bedside care, and manages admissions and discharges to the inpatient unit
• Perform procedures such as lumbar punctures and bone marrow aspirates and biopsies
• Participate in quality improvement and committees
• Provider group of 13 physicians, and 12 advanced practice providers
• Schedule: 3, 13-hour shifts/week, typically 6:45 am-7:45 pm to cover morning and evening sign-outs; weekend and holiday coverage on a rotation
• 2-3 years of experience as an advanced practice provider
• Hematology/Oncology experience is preferred, but not required
• Physician's Assistants and Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (must be acute care certified)
Atrium Health Levine Children’s is located on the campus of Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, NC. We treat more pediatric patients per day than any other hospital in North Carolina. Last year alone, as a referral center for pediatric trauma and pediatric surgical services, patients traveled from 19 countries and across the US to receive care from Levine Children’s Hospital (LCH.) As the most comprehensive children’s hospital between Atlanta and Washington, DC, we help families stay close to home. LCH has 236 beds and over 150 specialists across more than 30 pediatric specialties. The hospital has 4 pediatric hospitalist teams, a 20-bed PICU (including cardiac ICU), an 85-bed NICU, and an inpatient pediatric rehabilitation facility. LCH hosts a premier Pediatrics Residency Program, serves as a teaching hospital for students of the UNC Chapel Hill School of Medicine, and offers excellent support for clinical research and quality improvement.
LCH has repeatedly been ranked among the Best Children’s Hospitals in the nation by US News & World Report, most recently in eight pediatric specialties for 2021-2022 including Cancer, Gastroenterology and GI Surgery, Cardiology and Heart Surgery, Nephrology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Pulmonology, Neonatology and Orthopedics. Carolinas Medical Center along with LCH has earned Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Magnet program recognizes health-care organizations for their focus on improving patient care, safety and satisfaction.