Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 21737
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11081005630908-Nursing - Maternity
Location: AH Union Main - 600 Hospital Drive
Applies advanced surgical technology skills to assist in providing patient care in the surgical suite while maintaining a safe work environment and performing all related job responsibilities. Ensures quality patient care during the operative procedure and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
• Possesses a thorough knowledge of aseptic technique and its application.
• Assists in obtaining and organizing supplies and instruments prior, during and after surgical procedure.
• Assists Registered Nurse circulator in preparation of patient, assembly of supplies, instruments, equipment and proper disposition of all specimens; assists with all aspects of room turnover.
• Performs duties according to department policy and procedure.
• Monitors surgical supplies for sterility prior to use and ensures that supplies are used in a judicious manner, charges are documented/submitted accurately and appropriately.
• Monitors and documents sterilization activities for completion.
• Attends in-services/staff meetings; exhibits knowledge of current department related issues and participates in Performance Improvement Process.
• Participates in educational opportunities to increase competency and meet personal needs and goals.
• Assists in the development of policies, procedures, and standards.
• May serve as a preceptor and a clinical resource to others.
• Assists in maintenance and completion of individual specified unit clinical projects as needed.
Works with occasional intermittent noise and exposure to conditions such as dust, fumes, and chemicals. Ability to communication and write. Strenuous physical effort will require walking, stretching, bending, climbing stairs, twisting, and squatting or kneeling while performing tasks. May have lengthy periods of standing. Requires frequent use of side vision, lifting, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds. Use of both hands and all fingers and is required to use hands for gripping, speed work and precision during the operation equipment/instruments and movement/positioning of surgical patients. Vision and hearing for distances of up to twenty 20 feet is required, depth perception and able to distinguish basic colors is
required. Ability to work for lengthy, or irregular work hours, rotating shifts, working on hard surfaces, being near moving equipment, changes in temperature, humidity, and exposure to Blood Borne Pathogens.
Education, Training, and Experience:
Graduate from an accredited School of Practical Nursing. Active LPN License and expected to complete an extensive didactic and clinical training in 6 months.
Patient Populations Served:
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and possesses the ability to respond to age-specific issues and data reflective of the patient’s status. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the following age groups:
Protected Health Information:
• Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
• Will share information only on a need-to-know basis for work purposes.
• Access to verbal, written, and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment:
All related medical equipment and supplies.