OBGYN Certified Nurse Midwife - PRN
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 22396
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Part Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 21051017239025-Flex Staff
Title: Certified Nurse Midwife/ Ambulatory & Inpatient
Functions independently in an inpatient care setting and / or ambulatory care setting in collaboration with a supervising physician. Nurse Midwife provides antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum care for patients in the ambulatory and inpatient setting. May also include providing gynecological care for women of all ages. The nurse midwife functions within the guidelines of the Nursing Practice Act, the Medical Practice Act, Joint Midwifery Committee and other regulatory agencies.
- Assesses health status utilizing advanced physical examination and medical history skills.
- Designs individualized health care management plans in collaboration with other health professionals.
- Manages health care within protocols mutually agreed upon by physician and team members.
- Assesses and provides support for the cultural, psychosocial, language and physically challenged needs of the family unit.
- Identifies abnormal findings early and initiates appropriate intervention.
- Serves as a role model/clinical resource in all aspects of job performance and human relation's skills.
- Assesses own practice needs, as well as those of the other members of the health care team and develops methods to meet those needs.
- Maintains quality improvement process which includes a written plan and evaluates current treatment interventions and identifies a possible plan for improving outcomes
- License to practice as a Registered Nurse required.
- Certified by the American Midwifery Certification Board and approved to practice as a Nurse Midwife in the state of NC/SC.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider from AHA required.
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) certified
- Minimum 1 year of experience in labor and delivery
- Completion of MSN and graduate level Certified Nurse Midwife Program.
- Certified by American Midwifery Certification Board