Registered Nurse I - Oncology - Infusion - LCI Concord - PT Weekdays
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 21924
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011024332690-Infusion - LCI
Location: Concord - 100 Medical Park Dr NE
Shift Details: Part Time, 2 weekdays / 26 hours
Assesses and diagnosis patients in a practice setting. Identifies outcomes, implements treatment and coordinates care. Performs and assists with oncology and infusion related treatments, therapies, and procedures.
- Identifies expected outcomes for patients' individualized treatment plan.
- Implements identified treatment plan and coordinates all aspects of care delivery.
- Provides education and counseling to patient and family members regarding identified health needs, health care activities, immunization requirements, medication effects and contraindications.
- Meets specific clinical needs of oncology and infusion patients by using knowledge and expertise.
- Recognizes medication mid solution incompatibilities and factors affecting stability.
- Performs facility acuity coding by selecting the appropriate level of service for a diverse patient population, ensures that all pertinent clinical information is documented in the patient's medical record and supports the level of service selected.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, pushing and pulling. Work requires lifting 75 pounds. Must speak English fluently and in understandable terms. Must possess an intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or clinic conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required. BSN preferred. Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state of North Carolina required. Oncology experience preferred. Proficiency in IV therapy, bone marrow, spinals, thoracenteses, paracenteses and phlebotomy preferred. Oncology certification preferred. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.