Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 22453
Job Family: Executives
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028340542-Administration - Corporate Operations
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
The Vice President, Supply Chain Operations provides strategic leadership, direction and oversight of supply chain logistics for all Atrium Healthcare facilities. The overall operations include responsibility for all regions and facilities logistics, acquisition, distribution, courier and inventory management, inclusive of all off-site warehouses and distribution centers as well as the ambulatory network. This position will lead the overall supply chain resiliency plan to ensure relationships with manufactures remains transparent and risk mitigation strategies are in place to minimize disruption in the global supply chain impacting Atrium Health. The VP elevates the Supply Chain Operations team by building empowered, high performing teams that are results oriented and focused on customer experience, business transformation and technology optimization and modernization.
1. Is the executive responsible for all supply chain logistics through out all Atrium health facilities. Day to day supply chain operations from all regions will report into this leader.
2. Responsible for developing, gaining acceptance and implementing a 5 year strategic roadmap for Supply Chain logistics and distribution.
3. Oversees the integration of new systems/facilities to Atrium Health for supply chain and logistics services.
4. Collaborates effectively with the senior leadership team and facility administrators, physicians, hospital personal and all stakeholders to understand business requirements necessary for effective supply chain operations
5. Responsible for ensuring continuous flow of materials, supplies and appropriate pharmaceuticals is seamless with minimal disruptions.
6. Manages the distribution network and ensure high level of fill rates coming from all off-site warehouses and location. This includes management with suppliers and manufacturer performance/fill rate metrics for on-time and completeness.
7. Utilizes wholesaler reports to ensure commitments from Atrium Health participants are being met. Identifies those participating vendors/members that are not in compliance with contract so actions may be taken toward resolution.
8. Partners with key supply chain areas including Value Analysis and Contracting to ensure any changes for supply stocking and inventory management are implemented timely and without disruption. Partnership with MMIS/MDI team for data management aspects that are critical to inventory management.
9. Partners with key vendors and develops a strategy for the use of Couriers in each of the regions. These strategies will be inclusive of rationale
10. In coordination with DE&I creates a robust environment that supports diversity in the workplace, as well as with those vendors AH does business with.
11. Creates an environment where people can realize their full potential to meet current and future clinical and business challenges. Attracts, develops, engages and retains talented leaders.
12. Ensures strong financial performance by containing costs, increasing the quality of services offered, and annual efficiency targets. Provides oversight for resource allocation, departmental budgets and compliance.
Enterprise Leadership Imperatives:
Thinks Critically and Strategically
• Engages in rigorous problem definition, data collection, and analysis, then makes good decisions in the face of uncertainty and ambiguity.
• Recognizes important patterns in complex environments, distills the essence, and communicates through “powerful simplification.”
• Sees the big picture and has a long-term perspective, while balancing it against short-term realities.
Envisions and Enacts the Future
• Creates and communicates compelling visions of exciting, achievable futures.
• Mobilizes people and transforms organizations to realize the vision.
• Catalyzes innovation and builds supporting capabilities.
• Is a committed steward of the Atrium Health culture.
Connects and Collaborates Across Atrium Health
• Recognizes the critical importance of integration and collaboration in achieving high performance.
• Convenes and nurtures cross-system teams and works effectively in the “white spaces.”
• Seeks win-win outcomes and puts the well-being of the patient and the overall organization first.
• Leads effectively across cultures.
Builds and Leads Inclusive, High-performing Leadership Teams
• Understands the value of diversity in teams and gets the best out of all people.
• Establishes trust and creates a culture of psychological safety to enable candid debate.
• Builds consensus; decides when necessary.
• Delivers outstanding results through others.
Understands and Shapes the External Environment
• Is deeply knowledgeable about the Atrium Health business model and the consumer, competitive, political and social environments in which the organization operates.
• Understands the importance of actively engaging with and shaping these environments.
• Identifies, assesses and builds relationships with key stakeholders.
• Mobilizes and directs supporting capabilities in public affairs, communications and government relations to achieve desired outcomes.
Builds Talent for and Across the System
• Demonstrated personal accountability for developing future generations of Atrium Health leaders who reflect the diversity of communities we serve.
• Engages actively with colleagues in assessing and developing executive talent, focusing on competencies and character.
• Invests time in coaching and mentoring high potentials for success.
• Is a role model, embodying the best of Atrium Health’s culture.
• Masters Degree
Work Experience, Skill & Abilities:
• 7 years’ experience in a healthcare operations/strategy organization and/or supply chain function management operations with a large, multi-facility organization required
• Must communicate effectively at all levels within Atrium Health System, Atrium health Supply Chain Alliance and with the public
• Excellent planning, prioritizing, oral/written communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and team skills required
• Ability to work collaboratively as a team member and respond creatively to a rapidly changing environment
• Must have working knowledge of supply chain systems and technology in supply chain/inventory management
• Communication, negotiation, listening and feedback skills critical
• Service orientation is required
• Must be proficient and knowledgeable of Excel, Word, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, EDI, and ERP and supply chain systems for large, complex organizations.