Manager - Security
Kings Mountain, NC, United States
Job ID: 21369-OTHLOC-300000228982427
Job Family: Protective Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11101005241814-Security
Location: AH Kings Mtn - Security - 706 W. Kings St
Serves as the on-site manager for security operations of the Atrium Health Security Department to fulfill the mission of providing a safe, secure and protected environment for its patients, employees and visitors. Provides administrative oversight of the facility operations at assigned facilities. Supervises the activities of the security team assigned to the facility(s), to preserve peace, prevent and detect crime, protect persons and property. Responds to imminent threats to life or safety.
- Oversees the staffing functions and programs at assigned facilities.
- Acts as on-site manager of the department for assigned facilities. Exercises direct supervision of the lead officers and line officers.
- Verifies payroll time sheets for the security staff assigned shifts and locations.
- Manages budgets. Responsible for the preparation and implementation of annual budget reports and keeping within Atrium Health financial parameters.
- Develops and implements security policies and procedures to help ensure departmental compliance with organizational goals, applicable federal, state, and local ordinances, and regulatory agency standards.
- Evaluates all assigned Atrium Health properties assessing risk, based on internal and external activity. Reports security audits with recommendations to assigned facility administrators.
- Manages deployment of Atrium Health Security resources at assigned facilities, ensuring that a reasonable standard of care is maintained.
- Keeps well informed of industry best practices and current trends within the security profession, including familiarity with applicable law and Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Maintains excellent communication with assigned facilities administration.
May have to run or exert intense physical effort in moving or restraining others. Must have close and intermediate visual acuity. Must be able to hear and verbally communicate with others. Walks/stands for extended periods of time, both inside and outside in a fast-paced environment. May be exposed to unfavorable weather conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree preferred. NC Advanced Law Enforcement Certification or command level law enforcement training preferred. Valid NC or SC driver's license required. IAHSS Security Officers Basic, Advanced, and Supervisory Certification required within 2 years of hire. NC general law enforcement certification required. Must have completed training equivalent to that of a Lead Officer or have a minimum of 3 years supervisory/management experience in a related field. Previous security, military, law enforcement experience or minimum of 3 years in related field. Ability to obtain and maintain Commission as a NC Company Police Officer within 90 days of hire. Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly, in both oral and written form. Must complete or have completed training from Atrium Health that includes but is not limited to: Non-Violent Crisis Intervention/De-escalation, defensive tactics, baton, TASER, and firearms. Must successfully complete Atrium Health and NC Criminal Justice Training Standards minimum standards for Company Police officers including acceptable firearms proficiency, background investigation, and psychological testing within 90 days of hire.