Lead Medical Technologist, Atrium Health Union, FT Days
This job posting is no longer active.
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 20476
Job Family: Laboratory Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11081005639003-Laboratory
Location: AH Union Main - 600 Hospital Drive
Assumes responsibility for the technical operations of the specific laboratory section. Ensures that all procedures are performed as defined in section policy and procedure. Assists and supports the Lab Director/Manager/Supervisor.
- Ensures the implementation and maintenance of quality, efficiency, and safety in the section by meeting all accreditation standards (CAP, AABB, TJC, etc) on a continual basis.
- Demonstrates initiative in tracking and resolving problems, and continually checks the accuracy of processes, test methods, instruments in the section, including the review of results and clerical errors before they are reported to the medical record
- Assigns work for section and assists in workload evaluations as needed, delegating authority and responsibility as appropriate to ensures that work assigned to members of the section is completed and reported in a timely manner.
- Participates in writing/reviewing policies and procedures.
- Performs competency assessments for the section, ensuring that all teammates meet accreditation complexity requirements prior to reporting patient results and ongoing thereafter.
Works in a fast-paced clinical environment. Works in an area which contains bio hazardous (infectious) materials along with chemical, fire, and mechanical hazards. Duties may involve standing, walking, stretching, stooping, bending and lifting light (20 pound) to moderately heavy (50 pound) loads.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree with certification as MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), HTL(ASCP), CT(ASCP) or equivalent required.