Surgical Equipment Specialist- Atrium Health Mercy (Full Time Days)
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 19394
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11051016630170-Operating Room
Location: Charlotte - 2001 Vail Ave
Responsible for the operation of medical video equipment, endoscopic equipment and systems, lasers, microscopes and specialized technology equipment. Assesses employee skill levels and recommends programs for continuing education.
- Ensures proper operation of medical video equipment, endoscopic equipment and systems, microscopes and specialized technology equipment.
- Identifies and resolves equipment malfunctions and communicates all unresolved malfunctioning equipment issues to Leadership. Provides follow-up on equipment to ensure timeliness of repairs.
- Serves as department laser resource person ensuring the proper operation of lasers and implementation of all laser safety policies.
- Acts as a liaison and resource person with the Sterile Processing Department in appropriate utilization of endoscopic telescope equipment.
- Coordinates activities relative to new equipment implementation, equipment modification, or changes in equipment configurations.
- Coordinates disposition or transfer of capital equipment no longer in service.
- Maintains knowledge and skills required to work safely in the surgical environment.
May be required to work in any facility. Lifts and carries heavy equipment. May work with electrical circuits. Handles delicate and expensive equipment and must be able to read and comprehend highly technical equipment, operating and repair manuals. Must be able to effectively communicate with technical staff, students and physicians.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Requires High School Diploma or GED with completion of appropriate education in the field relative to the service. Prior knowledge of surgical working environment including surgical sterile fields.