Advance Laboratory Assistant - Chem/Heme, Atrium Health FT
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 19924
Job Family: Laboratory Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011008339002-Chemistry
Location: APC - 5040 Airport Center Pkwy
Performs functions supportive to the laboratory and its technical procedures as directed by the leader.
- Accurately accessions and registers specimens for processing and testing.
- Maintains high quality and productivity as required by department.
- Follows designated procedures for labeling and processing; sort and deliver specimens to technical areas as assigned.
- Prepares solutions, reagents and supplies as assigned.
- Operates all necessary equipment in designated laboratory.
- Answers phone and paging system as needed.
- Follows College of American Pathologists (CAP) requirements.
Works in a busy environment around physicians, technologists, and other hospital team member. Works in an area, which contains biohazardous (infectious) materials along with chemical, fire, and mechanical hazards. Each team member has the responsibility to work in a safe manner. May be required to stoop, reach and lift light (20 pound) to moderately heavy (50 pound) loads. May be required to stand and or walk for extended periods of time.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's degree required. Degree in chemical, biological, or life sciences preferred.