This job posting is no longer active.
Shelby, NC, United States
Job ID: 20510
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11111004943815-Care Solutions
Location: AH Cleveland Main - 201 E Grover St
The Manager role is an integral member of a collaborative team managing the care of the patients. Responsible for oversight of the overall daily and long term operations of the Care Management team; accountable for achieving established measurable clinical, financial, and functional outcomes through actively engaging multiple disciplines and
professional staff across the continuum; manages people, relationships, and processes in order to achieve maximized results. Establishes collaborative relationships with physicians to ensure that patients are cared for in the most appropriate clinical setting. Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to facilitate achievement of desired patient
outcomes. Promotes a collaborative and safe environment, performs all job responsibilities in a safe manner, and maintains clinical and professional competency. A registered nurse’s practice is guided by the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements.
• Oversees the development of department specific goals and objectives ensuring alignment with system strategy, vision, mission, and values.
• Ensures implementation of strategic and process changes designed to achieve outlined goals/objectives.
• Ensures Standards for staff qualifications and competencies, continuing education, and staffing levels are maintained.
• Provides leadership, mentoring, and coaching to direct reports. Provides leadership and support for shared governance model.
• Promotes effective communication and collaboration among all members of the Care Management team, as well as community partners and providers across the continuum.
• Participates in the initiation, development, and maintenance of clinical pathways/protocols and other population-based programs, facilitating collaboration and consensus of multidisciplinary teams throughout the process.
• Identifies, analyzes, and evaluates the effect of clinical care coordination on quality outcomes, fiscal parameters, customer satisfaction, and system operations and implements strategies to resolve system, performance, and patient variances. Utilizes
data systems to monitor process improvement and resource utilization.
• Formulates, implements, and evaluates strategies for specialized staff education as it relates to patient care, case management and/or clinical pathways/protocols.
• Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice of Care Management.
Work requires walking, standing, lifting, reaching, bending and stooping. Must lift a minimum of 35 pounds. Ability to travel/drive between various locations is required for this position. Requires frequent verbal and written communication in English. Must have intact sense of sight and hearing, finger dexterity, critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in assignments. Occasional intermittent noise and exposure to conditions such as dust, fumes, and chemicals.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master’s degree required. Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works. Two years’ experience required in health care. Experience includes case management/discharge planning in one of the following settings: Acute care, Home care, LTC care, Physician Office or Managed Care company. Appropriate professional certification required within 3 years of hire date for professional certification per departmental protocol. Clinical competence in disease management and case management principles. Must possess excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills, problem-solving skills, strong organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work independently and as a member of the care team.