Coordinator - Sterile Processing - Atrium Health Pineville (FT Days)
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 18926
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11071005430180-Sterile Distribution
Location: AH Pineville Main - 10628 Park Rd
Serves as liaison between the Sterile Processing Department (SPD), distribution and the user departments inside and outside the healthcare facility. Manages daily functions in the SPD ensuring that established infection control practices are followed. Processes and exchanges items requiring sterilization from units, clinics, and facilities inside and out of the System.
- Supervises and coordinates the organization and cleanliness of the department.
- Monitors schedule and works with the manager to adjust staffing according to work volume and complexity.
- Functions as a liaison to clinical managers of user departments.
- Maintains supply inventory, making revisions to par levels as needed.
- Reviews instrument trays, medication management, and exchanges medical equipment, carts and procedure trays as applicable.
- Assists in utilizing customer feedback to identify and implement programs for improving services.
- Assists the OR service coordinators with the acquisition of instruments and trays.
- Maintains documentation process for loaner instrumentation delivery and removal.
- Assists with updating and maintaining manufactures recommendations for cleaning, packaging, sterilization and storage of instruments and equipment.
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Requires bending, stooping, reaching, and stretching. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and be able to push and pull heavy loads. Acuity in vision and hearing. Dexterity in both hands and fingers. Intact sense of smell and touch. Must be able to work under pressure and perform repetitive motion tasks.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or GED required. Current SPD certification required. Minimum 3 years central or sterile processing experience required. Supervisory experience in a healthcare setting preferred. Ability to read, write and comprehend English preferred.