Health Services Researcher - Associate
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 18521
Job Family: Research Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342573-IAS Clinical Analytics and Clinical Quality Informatics
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Performs duties which include the development and implementation of evaluation methodologies for communities, healthcare systems, and healthcare technologies. Creates and utilizes data systems for assessment and evaluation.
- Contributes data analysis support to on-going hospital quality improvement initiatives.
- Conducts data collection in a scientific and objective manner.
- Prepares study reports, graphs and disease-specific scorecards and disseminates results.
- Performs critical analyses of outcomes, methods, and processes, utilizing data collected from primary and secondary sources.
- Collaborates with multi-disciplinary team of health care practitioners, researchers and outcome specialists, as well as with, federal, state and local agencies when needed.
- Conducts computer-based searches in support of evaluation and quality initiatives.
- Designs studies for the evaluation of specific healthcare interventions.
- Manipulates, combines, and refines large databases to produce information suitable for analysis.
- Provides the supporting institutional data necessary for the preparation of grants for outside funding, and assists as appropriate with the preparation of proposals.
- Assists in the development of databases and scorecards related to quality improvement initiatives.
- Assists in the development and implementation of evaluation plans directed towards the assessment of efficacy, safety, and cost-effectiveness, and/or outcomes in a variety of healthcare communities and systems.
- Writes and/or interprets methods sections for grant proposals and research studies.
Work occurs in an office environment using office equipment (computers, copiers, etc.). This position requires extended periods of sitting and working at the computer. Overtime will occasionally be necessary.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's Degree in Health Policy, Survey Research, Epidemiology, Sociology, Economics, or other health-related research field required. 3 years professional experience in public health or healthcare related field required. Experience working in observational research and utilizing computers and databases to conduct analyses and interpretation of evaluation and outcome studies required.