Maintenance Mechanic I - 9:30AM to 6:00PM- Weekdays - FT
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 17996
Job Family: Maintenance Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005041901-Maintenance
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Under the direction of an assigned Supervisor, performs minor repairs and routine maintenance of hospital buildings; including plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems, painting and/or wall covering repairs. Assists with building alteration projects. Functions as the department's first responder to assess service requests.
- Makes minor repairs and replacements to HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems as assigned.
- In the absence of other trade personnel, performs a variety of repairs on equipment as required to ensure that safety and patient care are not affected.
- Documents timesheets and work orders using computer based systems.
- Performs a variety of planned maintenance tasks and/or inspections on assigned equipment or area. Performs routine inspections and repairs on aesthetic issues.
- Assists outside service personnel, inspectors and vendors.
- Delivers good verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of hospital personnel.
Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds while taking materials to and from site. Must be mobile within entire facility(ies) including ability to access rooftops and crawl spaces. In performance of diagnosis, maintenance and repair of assigned equipment, will frequently be required to climb, lift, crawl, squat and kneel to obtain access to job. Exposure to electrical shock hazards, severe weather conditions, infectious diseases and hazardous chemicals.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. 2 years experience in total building maintenance required.