Dispatcher I - Variable Shift- FT
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 17577
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028341816-Security Communications
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Coordinates and dispatches courier and shuttle transportation including courier deliveries and patient and visitor transportation, as well as special events transportation. Schedules deliveries and work days, and completes various monthly reports.
- Adheres to regulations and procedures of the Transportation Transfer Department.
- Handles incoming requests for transportation requirements for patients, guests, and others received by fax, mail, or phone.
- Informs drivers of scheduled and non scheduled pickups and deliveries.
- Informs senior drivers, supervisors, manager and director of any unusual circumstances.
- Arranges daily, weekly and monthly transportation schedules to maximize manpower efficiency.
- Completes statistical reports to measure quality and productivity.
- Assists with monthly budget variance reporting.
- Compiles monthly customer billing spreadsheets for respective journal entries.
Must be able to stand and or sit for long periods of time. Must be able to speak and write clearly in a concise, complete, and accurate manner. Must be able to push or pull carts and wheelchairs with loads up to 500 pounds, and lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Works primarily in an office environment. Requiring long periods of sitting and operating computer equipment, two way radio, and multi-line telephone. Must be capable of performing courier and shuttle transportation driver duties.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. 1 year dispatch center experience required. MS Suite experience preferred. Valid drivers license with no moving violations in the last 3 years. Must complete the 4 hour defensive driving course, and attend annual 2 hour driver safety refresher course. Ability to speak and write in clear, concise, complete and accurate manner required.