$ Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 17226
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11081005639321-CT Scan
Location: AH Union Main - 600 Hospital Drive
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. Experienced candidates are eligible up to $5,000 for Part Time positions, and up to $10,000 for Full Time positions. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and opportunities for career advancement.
The CT Technologist I perform procedures in accordance with departmental protocols and standards. Operates CT Scanners and associated equipment with a high level of proficiency. This equipment includes scanner, post processing stations/programs, IV contrast injectors, O2 and suction equipment, patient transport and patient monitoring equipment.
· Examines requests and verifies orders on each assigned patient. Refers and questions orders to the Radiologist before performing exam. Contacts ordering provider when there are discrepancies.
· Properly identify (Using two patient identifiers) and assist patients while offering a brief explanation of the procedures. Prepares patients for the procedure with a full explanation and documents on appropriate worksheets.
· Interviews patients for a complete medical history. Reviews in-patients, ER, and outpatients EMR’s to obtain pertinent clinical history. Records medical history on requisitions. Correlates other test results and laboratory data with exam being performed.
· Assumes responsibility for the exam from beginning of exam until completion of dictated results.
· Prepares and administers IV contrast according to departmental protocols. On request, records contrast type and amount.
· Evaluates technical quality of images and consults with a Radiologist if needed. Recognizes abnormal anatomy and processes any additional, reconstructed images, and/or measurements as instructed.
· Performs basic patient care functions. Informs appropriate nursing personnel of any changes in the patient’s condition. Initiates life support measures for patients when necessary. Assists in “code blue” procedures during medical emergencies.
· Performs CT scanning and assists Radiologist/PA during invasive procedures. Practices proper sterile technique in the preparation of necessary supplies. Performs all invasive procedures in accordance with bloodborne pathogens, isolation, and infection control policies and procedures.
· Is authorized to obtain medication or contrast material as directed for administration by a licensed practitioner.
· Practices principle of radiation safety for self, employees, patients and family members. Follows appropriate radiation safety standards
· Reports malfunctioning equipment to the department director/manager/supervisor and clinical engineering/radiology engineer.
· precautions. Maintains knowledge and skills required to work safely in an environment that can create significant exposure to bloodborne pathogens and infectious disease.
· Adheres to the hospital fire and safety procedures. Attends all in-service classes and completes all required safety modules.
· Performs work in an accurate and timely manner in periods of crisis and emergency situations where time is critical. Rotates shifts as required including call back, holidays, and weekends. Adheres to the Atrium Health attendance policy by being punctual and taking measures to prevent absences.
· Operates radiology computer system to include entering orders and charging procedures/supplies. Documents contrast administration in the MAR.
· Maintains assigned work area in a neat and orderly fashion. Keeps area completely stocked. Cleans all work areas to promote cleanliness in the workplace.
· Assists other medical personnel, such as anesthesia, when performing exams or services in conjunction with a CT scan.
Requires moderate to heavy physical efforts in lifting and moving patients, equipment and supplies. Occasional standing, walking, and sitting during normal operation. Frequently may be required to stretch, bend twist, squat or kneel in the daily operation of the CT department. May be exposed to various physical conditions throughout the day such as walking on hard surfaces, climbing stairs, being near moving equipment. Required to use radiation safety guidelines to prevent exposure to ionizing radiation.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate of an accredited two-year AMA and ARRT approved program in Radiologic Technology required. ARRT certification in Radiology and advanced registry from the ARRT in CT scanning within one year of hire required in addition to current CPR certification.