This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. Experienced RNs are eligible for a bonus up to $10K for Full Time positions or if you have a CRRN certification and up to $5,000 for Part Time positions based on experience. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and a Career Advancement Ladder.”
The Comprehensive Rehabilitation team is comprised of an interdisciplinary team of qualified professionals who work together to meet the needs of the patient in an acute-care, inpatient -rehabilitation setting. The rehabilitation patient is one whose life has been negatively impacted by an event, such as an injury or illness. Our team-oriented units focus on meeting the rehabilitation needs of patients with a variety of medical diagnoses to include stroke, spinal cord injury, amputations, joint replacements, orthopedic ailments, oncology, brain injuries and general medical disorders. As part of this dynamic team, your role will be to assist the patient in reaching an optimal level of function that is aligned with the goal of returning to their home. The Rehabilitation Nurse also helps the patient adapt to an altered lifestyle by working collaboratively with the rehabilitation team and by maintaining a therapeutic environment that is conducive to the development of the patient and their caregiver. In this role, you will help to develop and implement strategies based on established nursing theories that encourage self-care, and helps to foster the physical, spiritual and the psychosocial well-being of the patient. Our team is ambitious and innovative as we strive to meet the needs of our patients while restoring their quality of life.
The RN Clinical Nurse I provides professional nursing care through skillful assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation in accordance with facility or department policies procedures, and/or protocols under the supervision of the nursing leader. Assists in maintaining a safe work environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the population of patients served.
- Collects data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health or the situation. Analyzes the assessment data to determine actual or potential diagnoses, problems, and issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the healthcare consumer or the situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies to attain expected, measurable outcomes.
- Implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery, and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
- Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or principles.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of goals and outcomes.
- Practices in a manner that is congruent with cultural diversity and inclusion principles.
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice.
- Collaborates with healthcare consumer and other key stakeholders in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Leads within the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contributes to quality nursing practice.
- Evaluates one's own and others nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to plan, provide, and sustain evidence-based nursing services that are safe, effective, and fiscally responsible.
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
- Practices ethically.
- Promotes shared governance, or facility decision making activities, developing and nurturing research to positively affect clinical outcomes and promotion.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions. Physical Abilities Testing required.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. BSN preferred. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to American Heart Association. Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works.