Medical Technologist I, AH CMC Blood Bank, FT Nights
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 16346
Job Family: Laboratory Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005039021-Blood Bank
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
3rd shift position. Working 4 10 hour (2100-0730) shifts with rotating weekends and holiday rotation. Performs laboratory analysis on received specimens, providing clinical information for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases. Responsible for overall quality, efficiency, and safety in the performance of assigned technical duties. Works in a fast-paced Level 1 Trauma center. The blood bank serves over 1000 patient beds and 6 outpatient infusion centers.
- Demonstrates proficiency and follows testing procedures and policies by adherence to quality assurance guidelines for equipment and work area, documenting corrective action to any non-conforming event.
- Prepares reagents, maintains an adequate supply of materials for test procedures and manages inventory to effectively reduce departmental waste/expense.
- Exercises clinical judgment in assessing priorities while identifying, problem solving and offering solutions to test systems through the appropriate department channels, i.e. contacts hotline to troubleshoot with a specialist when necessary to resolve the issue or set-up service when appropriate.
- Assists with review and revision of procedures and documentation related to accreditation, adhering to all regulatory requirements for various authorities, including but not limited to CAP, TJC, OSHA.
- Maintains clear, real time communications shift-to-shift and with leadership regarding issues, concerns and problems which may affect patient care or the operation of the department.
- Participates in planning and implementing change through participation in staff meetings, task forces or projects.
- Participates in competency assessment program, where qualified.
Works in a fast-paced clinical environment. Works in an area which contains bio hazardous (infectious) materials along with chemical, fire, and mechanical hazards. Duties may involve standing, walking, stretching, stooping, bending and lifting light (20 pound) to moderately heavy (50 pound) loads.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree MT (ASCP) or MLS(ASCP) or equivalent required.
Certified Medical Laboratory Technicians welcome to apply.