Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 17212
Job Family: Physicians
Specialty: Pediatrics, Specialty
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12011053133177-Pediatric Clinic
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health – the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. We invite Pediatric Nephrologists to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds, and progressive visionaries together at the Atrium Health Navicent Beverly Knight Olson Children’s Hospital (BKOCH), located in Macon Georgia.
In partnership with Levine Children’s Hospital (LCH), located in Charlotte NC, and named a Best Children’s Hospital in multiple specialties by U.S. News & World Report, Atrium Health Navicent Medical Group (AHNMG) is seeking 2 full-time Pediatric Nephrologists, including a Medical Director, to work in the beautiful and historic Macon, Georgia area serving children in Central & South Georgia as well as growing patient population North of Macon, Georgia.
Highlights about these positions:
- Medical Director:
- Leadership opportunity for experienced pediatric nephrologist to execute on vision and build a new program in the inpatient and outpatient settings to manage acute and chronic kidney disease and renal replacement therapy
- Collaborate with LCH leaders and local BKOCH leaders to implement a new pediatric nephrology service in the Macon region
- New facility with state-of-the-art technology, ancillary services, and dedicated resources to complement program
- Protected administrative and teaching time
- Newly trained Pediatric Nephrologist:
- Ability to gain invaluable experience assisting in program implementation
- Protected time for teaching and program development
Collaborate with a wide range of pediatric support services available at BKOCH
- Both opportunities have the ability to provide outreach to Central and South Georgia as well as North of Macon, Georgia
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Board Certification or Eligibility in Pediatrics with a Subspecialty Certificate in Pediatric Nephrology
- Eligibility for a Georgia Medical License
- Passion for providing exceptional clinical care and interest in teaching
- Leadership position requires at least 5 years’ experience with ability to articulate and execute on vision
- 4 Dedicated Pediatric Operating Rooms; 23 Beds Dedicated to General Pediatrics; 21-Bed PICU/PIMCU; 66-Bed NICU; 18-Bed Emergency Center; Pediatric Endoscopy Suite; and Outpatient Children’s Care Center
- Dedicated Pediatric Sedation Team, led by Pediatric Intensivist, Critical Care & Hospitalist Teams
- Outpatient Procedural and Infusion Suite with a Full Range of Pediatric Diagnostic Services in BKOCH
- Regions only dedicated Children’s Hospital
- Home to the Atrium Health Navient Pediatric Residency Program with a compliment of 18 residents and 6 interns from Mercer University School of Medicine
- Three-time Magnet Designated hospital for Nursing Excellence Nationwide
- Macon is situated south of metropolitan Atlanta and within driving distance to the mountains and barrier islands of Georgia.
- We are a family-oriented community, rich with values and traditions while progressing with new ideas, exciting growth, and creative talents.
Navicent Health is now Atrium Health Navicent. The brightest minds in medicine bringing the best care, elevating the strength and wellness of our communities like never before.
- Access to the most advanced treatments
- The latest and most innovative care options
- Care focused on the whole community