Paramedic - Emergency Service - Atrium Health Mt. Island - Night
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 16610
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11031069430001-Emergency Department
Location: AH Mtn Island - 3536 Mt. Holly-Huntersville Road
The paramedic collaborates with a multi-disciplinary team to provide care as appropriate to the population served and in compliance with standards of practice. The paramedic will provide care to patients under the supervision of the Provider. The Emergency Department Medical Director will provide oversight for Paramedic clinical practice.
- Provides patient care in accordance with policies and state regulations as approved by the Medical Director.
- Administers medications safely according to policy, and as permitted by facility guidelines under the supervision of the Provider.
- Collects and communicates data, reads monitors, etc., and responds with correct intervention to ensure optimum patient care and safety.
- Provides evaluation of patients and communicates to the care team the patient�s required needs/care per Emergency Services guidelines.
- Executes skills as approved by NC-OEMS and the Medical Director.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Successful completion of a Paramedic Training Program (OEMS approved) required. Current North Carolina Paramedic Certification required (National registry preferred). Certification in BLS required on hire. Completion of CPI course required within 30 days of hire. Certification in ACLS and PALS required within 6 months of hire. Affiliation with an EMS agency is required to maintain National Registry Paramedic certification. North Carolina state certified paramedics will follow state mandated education requirements for initial and ongoing certification which do not require EMS agency affiliation. Six months� experience in a pre-hospital environment as a Paramedic preferred.