Cabarrus Family Medicine - Prosperity Crossing - Seeking Experienced PA
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 14532
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Specialty: Family Medicine
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 30301051433173-Family Medicine
Location: University - 5727 Prosperity Crossing Dr
Cabarrus Family Medicine – Prosperity Crossing is currently seeking an experienced Physician Assistant to join their growing practice in Charlotte, NC. This practice is located in a fast growing area in north Charlotte, convenient to many area attractions – Concord Mills Mall, Lowes Motor Speedway, Uptown Charlotte, and Bank of America Stadium.
- At least one year of physician assistant experience required
- Join current team of 5 Physicians & 4 APPs
- Office Hours: Monday – Friday: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Shift: 4 day work week – 10 hour days
- 100% Outpatient
- Rotating call coverage among all providers
- Treating patients from birth throughout life
- Provides assessment, diagnosis, treatment, education, referral, and follow-up for a shared or owned panel of patients or may handle on a by-visit basis.
- Manages multiple chronic illnesses, performs minimally invasive procedures, and works with a stable patient population.
- Recommends screenings and tests based on patients’ demographics.
- Manages health care within protocols mutually agreed upon by physician and APP team members.
- Identifies abnormal findings early and initiates appropriate intervention.
- Participates on committees and in research as appropriate.
- Physical Requirements
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English fluently and in understandable terms. Must possess intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to react and perform in stressful situations.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
Must have or be eligible for a DEA license. Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state one works. Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in SC required. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice. Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and concentrate.
Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master's Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.