Special Procedures Technologist Atrium Health Cabarrus FT
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 15091
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11141004839453-Radiology - Special Studies
Location: AH Cabarrus Main - 920 Church St N
Assists in the various invasive angio and interventional procedures performed in the Interventional Radiology Suite. Organizes surgical scrub and circulation duties for total patient care during and after the procedure. Monitors patients in the Interventional Radiology area.
- Performs specialized radiography and fluoroscopic coverage of interventional and angiographic procedures under the direction of a physician.
- Explains the procedure to the patient and preps the patient for the procedure.
- Obtains medications, radiopharmaceuticals, or contrast materials as directed for administration by a licensed practitioner, authorized/certified technologist, or registered nurse.
- Circulates during the procedure and maintains responsibility for patient comfort.
- Provides supplies necessary for diagnostic and therapeutic invasive procedures.
- Removes catheters/sheaths and applies direct pressure or clamp as appropriate.
- Provides necessary report information to the holding area or nursing unit as needed.
- Records and processes hemodynamic reports, contrast media records and charges promptly and accurately.
- Enters patient data and inventory into WITT program and sends films for review.
- Communicates equipment malfunctions to leadership or department engineer for repairs.
Requires standing and walking while wearing 10 to 15 pound lead radiation protection aprons. Exposure to radiation, secretions and blood. Confined working area. Normal vision, manual dexterity and good eye and hand coordination is necessary to operate equipment. Constant concentration required during procedures.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Completion of an ANA accredited Radiologic Technologist Program or completion of an accredited Radiology Interventional Program required. BLS HCP certification from AHA required. RTR required. 1 year in diagnostic and 1 year in Interventional Radiology preferred.