Dietitian Nutritionist - Diabetes Clinic
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 14204
Job Family: Nutrition Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 25471049932251-Diabetes Clinic
Location: Southpark Med Plz 2 - Diabetes Clinic - 4525 Cameron Valley
Provides nutrition services and participates in department performance improvement activities including customer satisfaction and adheres to the guidelines and time frames of the Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist Clinical Ladder. Ensures patient/client satisfaction, quality care, regulatory agency compliance and good public relations are achieved through safe and efficient use of resources.
- Assesses and monitors nutritional status of patients/clients and adjusts nutritional care as indicated utilizing current scientific literature on methodology and relates this information to medical status, anthropometric data, clinical assessment and nutrition evaluation of the patient/client.
- Provides medical nutrition therapy (MNT)/counseling including assessment and education, developing, monitoring, and implementing MNT/counseling for patients/clients in assigned areas. Completes consults and referrals as received.
- Communicates with physicians, nurses, and others to coordinate nutrition into a total patient/client therapy program.
- Completes all required documentation including nutritional care plan, assessments, consultations, nutrient intake analyses and patient/client education in all required documentation tools in a timely, professional and thorough manner.
- Provides and assesses effectiveness of patient/client and family education. Develops, evaluates and utilizes appropriate education materials. Learning needs are identified using methods appropriate to each learner’s developmental and educational level; evaluates and documents learner response to teaching.
- Provides/develops periodic in-services on selected topics to team members and other disciplines as requested. In-service development for residents and attending physicians is supervised by clinical manager or designee.
- Under the guidance of the manager or designee, participates in basic skills orientation, training, and mentoring of team members and dietetic interns as applicable.
- Teaches and disseminates results and findings of nutrition research to medical team members, nursing, pharmacy, patients, and public.
- Communicates with multidisciplinary departments on patient/client care and issues, including performance feedback on personnel when requested or applicable to ensure standards of excellence are met for customer satisfaction.
- Provides training on a variety of diabetes technology devices (insulin pump/CGM).
- Travel to other satellite clinics within the Charlotte area 1 – 2 days per week
Must be able to give and receive verbal communications on a continuous basis. Must be able to read written communications on a continuous basis both hard copy and on a computer screen.
Able to compose written communications frequently. Able to lift and carry objects weighing 25 pounds or less occasionally. Able to perform motor skills as reaching out/up. Frequent periods of walking, standing, sitting. Infrequently squatting, twisting, and bending.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s degree required. RD/LDN registry eligible or Registered Dietitian (Commission on Dietetic Registration) and Licensed by the NC Board of Dietetics and Nutrition required. If RD/LDN registry eligible, RD/LDN registered required within 4 months of hire. CDCES certification required within one year of hire. Department managers determine requirements for specialty certifications relevant to the position and the timeframe required to obtain.