Leads and oversees Human Resources (HR) alignment and integration within the department and across Atrium Health Navicent in Macon, GA. Ensures HR policies and procedures for the healthcare organization are current and in line with industry standards and requirements. In alignment with the Enterprise Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) agenda focused on patients, teammates and the community, the positions will also serve as the Chief Diversity Officer, and will oversee a regional/organizational strategy to build and strengthen structures, policies, and practices to provide an inclusive environment for patients, teammates, and the communities we serve. Develops and implements policies and procedures which support the healthcare system objectives. Provides internal advice to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Monitors legal and regulatory developments and changes to federal and state laws. The Regional Chief Diversity Officer will also support broad organizational initiatives related to health equity, organizational culture, teammate engagement, patient experience, and community engagement. This position must sit in Macon, GA.
- Develops and implements strategic plan that guides the direction of their area of responsibility.
- Ensures collaborative, enterprise-wide HR strategic and operational support in service to patients, guests, team members and the community.
- Directs day-to-day operations and servicing the Human Resources Division through a team of leaders and Human Resources' specialists to ensure timely, accurate and courteous services while keeping costs down. Liaisons with other Human Resources' departments and third-party service providers regarding service delivery and responsiveness.
- Provides administrative management to department, including responsibilities for personnel administration, budgets, facilities, and equipment (i.e., telephones, computers). Liaisons with internal departments regarding administrative matters.
- Participates in divisional strategic planning, policy development, and goal setting.
- Assists leader in transformation efforts in the areas of policies and procedures, and processes.
- Integrates shared decision making and change management approaches while partnering with HR Strategic Business Partners and other stakeholders to advance action plans and drive progress on DEI impact assessment results.
- Facilitates the activities, agenda, and governance of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council
- Evaluates existing initiatives, programs and policies and recommends additions and enhancements to promote a more diverse and inclusive culture and workforce.
- Identifies key performance indicators and uses benchmark data from internal and external sources to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Actively leads, advises, and provides vision/direction to DEI councils, multicultural programs, events, and System Resource Groups in conjunction with the Enterprise Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Accountable for documenting the value of DE & I initiatives to enhance reputation and brand management through publications, presentations, awards, and the annual DEI Impact Report.
- Serves as strategic advisor on DEI messaging, multicultural communications and outreach to patients, teammates, and community.
- Develops cultural programming to connect staff from diverse cultural backgrounds, celebrate diversity, and encourage dialogue and understanding.
- Develops and maintains effective collaborative relationships with external stakeholders including academic institutions, and community partners to advance strategies to improve diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ensures the applicability, relevance, and alignment of all diversity, equity, and inclusion related policies throughout the region. Oversees the review and approval process.
- Works with the appropriate Centers of Excellence to support strategic talent initiatives including diversity recruiting, Best People Planning, and other diversity acceleration programs.
- Serves as liaison and advisor on all strategies related to inclusive purchasing and supplier diversity.
- Serves as a liaison and strategic partner with language services and on all language access strategies that support patients and community members with limited English proficiency.
- Works with the Enterprise Chief Diversity Officer to ensure alignment and execution of the Enterprise Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategic goals
Additional Essential Functions
- Serves as the point person for coordinating the execution of HR Strategy at Atrium Health Navicent.
- Manages CHRO priorities, oversees staff/internal operations, spearheads special projects.
- Cultivates and oversees programs and services that enhance and strengthen the employee/provider value proposition and life cycle at the healthcare organization.
- Utilizes insights to design and develop marketing and communication strategies spanning workforce services for team members.
- Works in tandem with External Affairs, Strategy & Integration, Governance and Operations to facilitate cohesive, efficient and effective employee communications at all levels of the healthcare organization to enhance the visibility and positive image of the system.
- Implements strategies to increase and strengthen retention and advancement of the organization's diverse workforce, especially of under-represented ethnic groups and differently abled team members.
- Provides cultural direction/data on best practices to business segments on programs and systems related to attracting, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce. Analyzes external trends, understanding the key areas and identifies areas for opportunities.
- Uses quantitative approach in assessing current and desired future state; tracking progress in areas of representation, recruitment and promotions.
- Responsible for compliance with Affirmative Action Plans. Partners with Human Resources to ensure the embedment of diversity and inclusion into all talent leaders and teammate information. Assists in developing a means to measure and provide e reporting on progress of diversity initiatives.
- Promotes an organizational culture that sets clear expectations, provides appropriate supports and engenders respect for diversity of cultural background, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, etc., among our employee workforce, physicians and customers.
Work requires typing, filing, use of telephone and sitting for prolonged periods of time. Stretching, bending, reaching, pushing and pulling are required a moderate amount of the time. May lift and carry up to 40 pounds on an intermittent basis. Some standing and walking is required. Must speak and understand English fluently. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate and concentrate effectively. Good hearing is required for related communications.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master’s Degree with 5 years of related experience required. HR certification (i.e., CCP, PHR, SPHR or CEBS) preferred based on role. Previous management or supervisory experience preferred. Oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, computer skills, and ability to handle multiple tasks required. Demonstrated proficiency in working with Microsoft Excel, Access, and PowerPoint required. Experience with PeopleSoft or other HR Information Systems preferred.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
- Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
- Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.