Manager - Business Operations - Carolinas College of Health Sciences
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 14650
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 55511016844262-Academic Business Office
Location: Charlotte - 2110 Water Ridge Pkwy
Prepares strategic business and financial plans. Performs financial analysis of current and prospective processes and practices. Undertakes capital purchase analysis and prepares project and purchasing proposals. Supports all financial activities of the department.
- Performs financial analysis of current and prospective processes and practices. Prepares strategic business and financial plans.
- Analyzes potential capital purchases and special projects, and prepares purchasing proposals and requisitions.
- Performs all duties necessary to maintain revenue flow and accuracy for departmental coding and billing.
- Builds information tables, creates table relationships, and accurately maintains databases and trains end-users.
- Maximizes revenue and reimbursement by maintaining accurate and comprehensive billing processes through review of CPT coding and chargemaster maintenance.
- Ensures that charge codes reflect cost changes of products and procedures.
- Reviews monthly and quarterly performance reports and prepares budget variance reports with explanations and supporting graphs.
- Assists with planning and preparation of departmental operating and capital budgets.
- Ensures all research procedures and equipment have the appropriate approvals and charge codes. Maintains knowledge of upcoming research programs and works with the research nurses to enhance accountability and revenue for new technologies.
- Compares invoices and volumes with the budget.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining Revenue flow. Oversees all facility side billing and coding to accurately capture all procedures and supplies. Reconciles daily department financial log.
- Manages the surgical equipment and supplies procurement process.
Work requires sitting for long periods of time in an office setting and walking, bending, stooping, and standing for long periods of time. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 50 pounds in handling medical equipment and supplies. Fast-paced office environment. Travel required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree in Business, Health Administration or Finance preferred.