Executive Director - Rehab Admissions and Business Development (Clinical Degree Required)
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 16132
Job Family: Director/AVP (Dept Head)
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 41011011737659-Rehabilitation Administration
Location: Charlotte - 1100 Blythe Blvd
Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center is being recognized as the “Best Hospital” in the Charlotte metro region for the fifth consecutive year by U.S. News & World Report. Also given a prestigious recognition is Atrium Health Carolinas Rehabilitation, which has been named among the top 15 facilities in the nation for rehabilitation and is the only rehabilitation hospital in Charlotte to be given this distinction.
This position requires a clinical degree and experience working in a rehabilitation hospital setting. Lead the referral management and business development organization of the Atrium Health Rehabilitation Network (AHRN) to achieve inpatient admission goals and budget targets. Develop and successfully execute an operational plan to grow AHRN volume. Provide management oversight to managers/directors, partner with administrators within markets and integrate enterprise and regional initiatives into the operational plan. Respond to customer concerns that require senior level attention working closely with the market leaders, administrators, and physicians to resolve challenging referral and/or admissions situations. A key component of this role is to establish and foster positive and productive working relationships with the Directors of Case Management/Care Coordination, referral sources and other stakeholders in key referring hospitals, physician offices and other referring facilities. Deliver value to referral sources by optimizing transition/throughput for patients referred and admitted to AHRN rehabilitation facilities. This individual will maintain knowledge of regulatory and reimbursement guidelines and their impact on referral authorization and admission practices. Takes ownership for results by working effectively with and through teammates, physicians, referral sources and other stakeholders. Ensures effective relationship development to meet admissions goals through efficient resource management to provide quality health care, optimal customer satisfaction and favorable business results.
- Clinical background and strong understanding of medical acuity and complex diagnosis including but not limited to brain injury, spinal cord injury, cancer, neurodegenerative conditions, and medical debility. Clinical background is essential to communicate with referring and admitting physicians, nurses, therapists, case managers and insurance companies to appropriately advocate for patients requiring acute medical rehabilitation.
- Admissions / census growth is managed with the goal of meeting or exceeding budgeted volume targets.
- Supervise team of clinical liaisons
- Annual volume growth/sales plan is prepared for AHRN and aligned with broader organizational goals within markets
- Regional staffing, including per diems/PRN/ resource and weekend coverage is monitored to ensure coverage meets demand.
- Operation and plans are reviewed to ensure that resources and structures are sufficient to effectively accomplish goals.
- Annual liaison budget is prepared and monitored to provide up to date and timely feedback to regions on financial performance.
- Team members are hired, mentored, and continually developed to achieve stated goals for performance.
- Performance evaluations are completed accurately and timely in accordance with organization standards.
- Cross coverage is provided to meet department demands.
- Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
- Lead business, clinical, operational, financial, and marketing activities. Develops, maintains, and evaluates systems to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Plans, directs, and evaluates operations to ensure adherence to accreditation, regulatory and reimbursement standards.
- Selects qualified key management staff and demonstrates commitment to quality human resource management.
- Plans, prepares, and administers budgets to accommodate adherence to mission and strategic planning goals.
- Advises and acts as liaison between medical staff, corporate staff, administration, and department heads and evaluates matters relating to functions, standards, and budget.
- Serves on corporate and industry committees and task forces as appropriate.
- Participates in professional associations to maintain currency on health care reimbursement, regulatory and accreditation requirements, to ensure optimal coordination and use of resources in the community; and to stay abreast of competitive benchmarks.
- Promotes and ensures commitment to continuous quality improvement, customer satisfaction and cultural diversity.
- Maintains a safe work environment and practices personal safety techniques to prevent injury to self and others.
- Complies with corporate and divisional policies and procedures.
Work consistently requires walking, standing, and sitting. Must be able to take responsibility to work in a safe manner. Must be able to speak and hear normal sounds. Must be able to perform manipulative skills such as writing, typing and data entry into the computer.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Clinical degree in nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech language pathology or clinical social work, required. Master’s Degree preferred. 7-10 years of progressively responsible health care management experience required.
- Extensive experience in Healthcare Industry, Rehabilitation Hospital preferred.
- Sales/Marketing experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience at a management level within a hospital or healthcare setting.
- Previous experience in managing liaison teams.
- Proven ability to manage a large budget.
- Proven ability to develop a strategic sales, volume growth plan.
- Proven track record in marketing and sales.
- Proven track record in strategic business development within a health care environment.
- Knowledge of post-acute provider referral and admitting processes, Medicare, and managed care reimbursement.
- High level of communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain referral relations with a variety of customers.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
- Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need-to-know basis for work purposes.
- Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.