Social Worker MSW - Weekender - Atrium Health CMC
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 14366
Job Family: Behavioral Health Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11011005031712-Clinical Case Management
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
Provides psychosocial assessment, counseling, crisis intervention and information/referral services on a consultation basis to patients and families.
- Completes psychosocial assessments for the patient's post hospital care for designated patients and their support system.
- Assists patients in coping with stress related to hospitalization, disability, chronic/terminal illness.
- Works with the Clinical Care Management team to assess and evaluate the patient for the appropriate level of care or environment setting to meet care needs across the continuum.
- Serves as a resource to hospital staff and physicians regarding emotional, social, and psychosocial components of the patient's illness and its effects on their social support system.
- In collaboration with the Clinical Care Management team, provides information, education to patients on community resources and options for post hospital care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Make referrals to community agencies as needed.
- Reports suspected cases of child & adult abuse/neglect/exploitation. Serves as liaison between hospital, patients and Department of Social Services during evaluation/investigation.
- Responds to requests for consultative services to patients after normal working hours.
Works in an office type setting. Extensive walking throughout the facility. Prolonged periods of sitting reviewing medical records, and documentation. Repetitive wrist motion and occasional lifting of 10-20 pounds. Requires frequent verbal and written communication in English. Intact sight and hearing with or without assistive devices is required. Must be able to handle a fast paced environment, moving independently from one location to another. Takes On-Call Duty as scheduled.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's degree in Social Work from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education required. Minimum of one year hospital/health-related experience preferred. Designation as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Certified Master Social Worker (CMSW), or a certification in case management is preferred. Case Management certifications for MSWs include: Accredited Case Manager (ACM); Certified Social Work Case Manager (CSWCM); Certified Case Manager (CCM); or Certification for Case Managers. Must adhere to the National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics.