Radiology Technologist Atrium Health Cleveland Weekender
This job posting is no longer active.
Shelby, NC, United States
Job ID: 12746
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11111004939243-Radiology - Diagnostics
Location: AH Cleveland Main - 201 E Grover St
Performs with minimal supervision radiographic examinations under the direction of the Radiologist. Coordinates daily activities including performing examinations and associated clerical duties.
- Performs and assists with radiographic and flouroscopic procedures.
- Documents patient history pertaining to specific procedure on the requisition and reviews requisition for physician notes or special instructions.
- Confirms patient identification by verbal confirmation and validating proof of identity.
- Consults with radiologist and other physicians as necessary.
- Selects and operates equipment as dictated by demands of individual procedure.
- Prepares and administers contrast media as required.
- Performs surgical and portable examinations as assigned.
- Assures that procedure rooms are adequately supplied.
- Maintains patient records as required by departmental standards.
Requires strenuous physical effort while assisting patients from wheelchairs and stretchers. Handles equipment and monitors supplies. Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with patients and hospital staff required. May frequently be required to stretch, bend, twist, squat or kneel in operating radiographic equipment. Will be required to use hands for power gripping, speed work and precision during manipulation of radiographic equipment and in the case of injured or diseased patients. Vision and hearing for distances of up to 10 feet is necessary.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Successful completion of an AMA-approved Radiology Technology Program required. Registered by the ARRT required. 1 year experience preferred. Highly effective verbal communication skills. Interpersonal skills with patients, visitors, and other healthcare team member to establish relationships that foster optimal quality care.