This job posting is no longer active.
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 13487
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 45531053531712-Clinical Case Management
The Case Manager serves as a key member of the interdisciplinary team and actively manages and directs resource utilization to achieve the highest quality outcomes during a patient's rehabilitation experience. The CM coordinates and advocates for the patient during their hospitalization and from admission to post discharge. As an effective communicator, the CM manages information to effectively oversee health care delivery and facilitate interdisciplinary plan of care decisions. The CM facilitates timely communication regarding the patient's care, establishes and monitors the discharge plan implementation while identifying and addressing patient's psychosocial and support systems issues. The CM oversees the effective coordination of services and manages issues in the following main areas: admission and discharge, team conference and interdisciplinary plan of care communication, patient and family education, payor relations and total fiscal management. The CM participates in ongoing utilization review while assuring that cost-effective treatment is provided by the team. The CM assures that regulations regarding patient's rights are fulfilled.
Major Job Functions:
· Must be qualified to independently complete an assessment within the scope of practice of his/her discipline
· Actively manage and direct use of resources to achieve the highest quality outcomes and patient experiences
· Coordinate and advocate for the patient during hospitalization, from admission to post-discharge
· Manage information/communication to effectively oversee healthcare delivery and facilitate interdisciplinary plan-of-care decisions
· Monitor the discharge plan implementation while identifying/addressing the patient’s psychosocial and support-systems issues
· Oversee the coordination of services and manage issues in the areas of admission/discharge, team conference/interdisciplinary plan-of-care communication, patient/family education, payor relations and total fiscal management
· Ensure that cost-effective treatment is provided and patient’s-rights regulations are followed
1. Experience: Two years of medical rehabilitation experience preferred.
2. Certification/License/Registration: Licensed as a Georgia Registered Nurse or Social Worker required. CRRN, ACM, or CCM preferred.