This job posting is no longer active.
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 14180
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 12011053130001-Emergency Department
Emergency Center | Nurse Manager | AtriumHealth Navicent Medical Center
The Nurse Manager acts as the principal liaison between all service locations and support departments, other healthcare facilities and in partnership with physicians to ensure appropriate patient placement and staff assignment.
· Insures that resources are assigned, patient needs are met, and treatment plans are executed in the appropriate level of the continuum with a sense of urgency and in alignment with our operational output metrics of Quality & Safety, Experience and Efficiency.
· Collaborates with other health care disciplines and departments in providing a continuum of care to the patient; participates in the Integrated model of care, rounds daily with interdisciplinary team to assist with planning for the next level of care. Is specifically accountable for assisting with patient flow management, addressing clinical barriers and utilizing nursing plans and care paths when available.
· Provides for the provision of professional nursing care on assigned unit according to State Board of Nursing guidelines and established ANA Code of Ethics.
· Coordinates the work of the unit, provides direct supervision, coaching, and mentoring to professional and unlicensed assistive personnel providing direct and indirect patient care.
· Partners with unit director to assist with nursing performance review, and quality assurance for assigned areas.
· Serves as a coach and preceptor/mentor to other unit staff. Serves on councils and other hospital or unit-based task forces/committees.
· Assists with human resource management, development of unit goals and assures that these are operational.
· Responsible for daily clinical management of the unit; and for unit operations in the absence of the Director
What you will need:
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
· Current RN license with the Georgia State Board of Nursing or eNLC.
· Three (3) years of direct patient care experience in a similar size and scope preferred.