Speech Language Pathologist l - Nonbedside - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 14257
Job Family: Rehabilitative Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 55541005037501-Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Location: AH CMC Main - 1000 Blythe Blvd
The Speech and Language Pathologist will evaluates consents and complete Speech Language Therapy assessments for subjects who participate in research protocols through Atrium Health for assigned research study(s). The Speech and Language Pathologist will work closely with the Primary Investigator and Sub-Investigators on assigned research studies. Evaluates, plans, directs and administers programs of speech-language pathology in an acute level setting, upon referral by the physician.
May collaborate with the study sponsors and the investigators.
- Recruits, interviews and obtains informed consent from prospective subjects for entrance into research studies.
- Collects and enters demographic information and performs medical record chart abstractions as required by studies.
- Performs study SLP measures, collects and enters data for assigned studies.
- Participates in study training and meetings.
- Records appropriate clinical data on forms provided by the principal investigator(s), federal government, and/or sponsors.
- Communicates with study sponsors, federal agencies, principal investigators, and sub-investigators about research projects.
- Provides resources for staff, patients, families, and community regarding research.
- Travels to clinical research sites, Carolinas Rehabilitation hospitals, physician offices, and facilities within Atrium Health as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned within department.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and adequate language/cognitive skills to perform job duties. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Lifting of patients, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients/caregivers. Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, goggles, gowns, and masks are sometimes required due to possible exposure to hazardous chemicals or blood and body fluids. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environment. The work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's Degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited SLP program required. NC license for SLP required. Minimum of 1 year experience required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.